Online shopping and daily shipments have become customary for countless people. You appreciate the benefit of having packages left at your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real issue, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to deter porch pirates, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’re sure to be an integral part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Mesa video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and receive real-time alerts whenever something arrives.
The best way to see how a Mesa video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many benefits it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t find this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging theft with audible and visual warnings. This is a great way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that includes the faces of visitors on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear streams no matter the hour: What’s the use of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? The best models will give you exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You are able to enjoy instant updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your door? Bi-directional audio allows you to inquire about what they want. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to deter people lurking around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will let you cut down on false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the option to access live and recorded video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you can interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. These components have become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.