Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Mesa smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home’s security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total control of your Mesa home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Mesa do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can perform:
- Review current or recorded footage from all connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Mesa by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Mesa
Even though multiple users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and submit the details to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Mesa home security system. Dial (480) 568-6350 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.