Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Mesa
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for your family. You’re likely thinking about all the ways you might customize your property with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too far, make certain you give thought to home security as well. Keeping your loved ones protected should always be a leading priority, and we’ll help you do so with these safety tips for new homeowners in Mesa.
Conduct a safety review of your new Mesa property
Now that you’re considering safety, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To start, make sure you have working smoke detectors. Inspect every one and change batteries if necessary. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors? Do you need a water sensor in your basement? This is also an excellent time to upgrade door locks and inspect all window locks. Go through each room and scope out your property.
Smart security tips for your Mesa home
Once you’ve done your initial investigation of safety alarms and locks, you may consider enhancing your property’s defense. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Mesa.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Mesa can do is integrate a home security system. The latest in wireless advancements let you keep an eye on your home even when you’re not there. You are able to scan live video feeds, operate door locks, and even communicate with people at your door right from your cell phone. You can even customize with incredible security implements such as video surveillance and monitored fire alarms.
- Upgrade outdoor lights. Outside lights with motion sensors are an effective way to turn away potential intruders. You can even incorporate them with video cameras. The tripping of a motion sensor can tell your outdoor camera to begin recording.
- Keep your property neat. Do you have an unblocked perspective of your property from the interior? Are there large trees and bushes impeeding your view? Get rid of possible hiding spots for burglars by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will be grateful for it as well.
- Meet people in your area. Speaking of your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you are friendly with people close to you, there’s a greater probability they’ll let you know if they see suspicious behavior. You might also join your community’s social media group if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install a modern smart home, you can make it appear like you’re home by turning on smart light bulbs at programmed moments. This is a nice option when you’re away.